Afterburners are a type of Thermal Oxidizer, often referred to as a Direct Fired Thermal Oxidizer.
Afterburners are the simplest type of Thermal Oxidizer and are typically used in manufacturing where there are high concentrations of odor, VOCs, or smoke in the process air. Applications include: food and coffee processing, foundries, pulp & paper manufacturing, metal treatment, ect.
The Afterburner raises the temperature of the industrial pollutants to the point of thermal combustion; the VOCs are chemically changed into combustion by-products, water and carbon dioxide. The water and CO2 are then discharged through the exhaust.
S&B afterburners are designed to be easy to use and install, among the features offered are:
- Skid mounted packaged units that are prepiped, prewired
- PLC with annunciator, PID digital temperature control, FM approved high temp limit, flame safety relay, main power disconnect, and control transformer. UL 508A priced per request.
- Remote control interface capability for use with PLC or DCS systems available.
- Built to meet your requirement (FM, CE, GAP, NFPA or CSA construction standard).
- In-House test firing and tuning prior to shipment reduces start-up and installation costs.
- On-going Afterburner maintenance available.
ADVANTAGES OF OUR DIRECT-FIRED AFTERBURNERS:
Stelter & Brinck thermal afterburners are a product of more than 95 years of industrial combustion experience.
- 99+% destruction removal efficiency (DRE) available
- Vertical orientation saves valuable floor space
- Single point utility connections for ease of installation
- Nozzle mixing burner with dedicated combustion air blower tolerant to particulate laden streams
- Custom designed air pollution control systems are available per application
Below is a picture of a Stelter & Brinck Afterburner.