Overview of Gun Style Air Heaters:
Stelter & Brinck designs and manufactures three types of Direct Fired Air Heaters: Packaged Air Heaters, Duct Style Air Heaters and Gun Style Air Heaters. This post will focus on Gun Style Air Heaters.
This type of air heater is used in applications where the air stream is dirty or low in oxygen. Gun Style Air Heaters provide the highest mass flows and air temperatures of the 3 styles of Direct Fired Heaters. As suggested by the name, this type of heater looks like a barrel, built around the combustion components.
Annealing, metal curing, glass curing, chemical, sludge and paint drying are just a few of the many industries that utilize Gun Style units. Stelter & Brinck can design these units to be fired on gaseous fuels, light, medium or heavy fuel oils or a combination of oil and gas.
Features and Benefits of S&B Gun Style Air Heaters:
Options include: gas only (single or multi-pass), oil only (single or multi-pass), combination gas & oil fired (single or multi-pass), low-emissions, and stainless steel construction.
These units can feature remote control interface capability, single point gas and electric connections and an insulated shell with or without a metal inner liner (depending on your process requirements). Our direct fired gun-style air heaters stand-out amongst the competition for the following reasons:
- Custom designed & manufactured in-house to your fit your needs
- High thermal turn down
- Can handle high and low process air temperatures
- Optional inlet air filter assemblies & silencers
- PID digital temperature control
- Convenient flame peep sight and pressure test taps with stainless steel I.D.
- Option for integrated, three phase control panel
- Single point gas and electric connection
- Rigorously tested & tuned before shipment
- Easy maintenance; easy access to valve train & control panel
- Subjected to S&B’s exclusive QC and test-firing program before shipment
- Stelter & Brinck’s combustion field service crew can start-up and maintain your direct fired air heater
Pictures of Stelter & Brinck Gun Style Direct Fired Air Heaters:
Video Featuring Stelter & Brinck’s Gun Style Units: